Monday, September 10, 2012

On My Way

Today I want to tell you about something in my life that has nothing to do with sewing or crafts or my house, just life. Ugly, nasty, painful life....and healing. You see, some of you know that I haven't had the greatest life. It has been hard and it has been ugly and I carry with me some pretty painful scars.

I have to be honest that I have carried blame for some things that happened in my past. I have used my past as an excuse to not participate in my life. Some things had hurt me badly enough to create "tapes" in my head that are set on terminal repeat and beat me down. They echo years of self doubt, mistrust and loathing. I sign my blog every time with a reminder that YOU are worth it, but I live my life with the beleif that I am NOT worth my own love. How crummy is that?

What's worse? I didn't even know most of this stuff was even there. I needed someone who I could trust to point them out and when I finally got tired of being beat down, depressed and shut down, I reached out for that help.

That help came in the form of a program called Pathways. Pathways is an amazing experience-based training that takes place over a four month period. I have just started and let me tell you, it has already changed who I am and who I want to be. I know that I want to love me, I want to find the strength to stand and find joy within my own perception of me.

I am going through this journey with 37 other people. THIRTY-SEVEN hurting souls. THIRTY-SEVEN broken hearts. My friends and I need a little help, if have it to spare. We need your love, your support, and your prayers. Please keep us in your thoughts for the next several months as we battle our inner pain, demons, whatever you want to call it and learn to love and accept ourselves. We would truly appreciate it.

Also, this is not an inexpensive experience. The next step, the Walk, it $800, plus 5 nights in a hotel, and meals. Most of our group is all set, but a few of us are struggling to make this next CRUCIAL step a reality. If you are in a position to help someone LITERALLY save their life, please reach out, send me an email or visit the Pathways Website and click the Donate button. If you choose to donate via the Pathways website, please be sure to email me so that I can give my name and class number so that the wonderful staff knows which class needs to receive your donation.

Thanks for reading, thank you for your prayers, and thank you for being here with me through this amazing journey. And if you need help, if you are hurting, depressed or considering ending your own life, please reach out to me??? Please let me share this amaznig tool, this amaznig gift from God with you? It just might save your life.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

This place sounds like a pure blessing!
I am saddened to hear you are dealing with so much pain inside. It's so encouraging to hear that you have found the help you need and just think, down the road, this path you have traveled, is the same one you will use to encourage others!! Pain is a journey much like happiness, yet pain is the journey that will change your life and in turn, you will change the lives of others!
Karrie @ He Guides Me