Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sewing - Breaking out the new machine!

For my birthday, my wonderful husband got me a new sewing machine. I am so blessed and so honored by his wonderful gift. Only thing is, I haven't even threaded it yet.

So I've decided I'm going to break it out today. I am going to start the pattern for Vaughn's shirts. Since he is such an odd size, I thought I would try my hand at making him custom shirts. The pattern is Simplicity 5366. It will make some alterations to the basic pattern, as I don't want the yoke to be so long and I want it attached, not flappy.

I will start with a muslin mock-up so I can make the changes. Just baste it together so I can try it on him and mark and pin adjustments. Then I will cut it apart and use the muslin pieces for the pattern made specifically for him.

I will try to remember to take pictures and post them so you can see the process.

No comments: