Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wow - All of a Sudden

I heard a story about a man who worked as a janitor at a huge cathedral. When the priest found out that he was illiterate, he fired him saying that he could not have an illiterate employee. The man was crushed but did what he could. He had saved up a little money and he invested that money. He became very wealthy due to that investment. Later on the priest felt bad and asked the man if he ever wondered what he might have been if he hadn't fired him, to which the man replied, "I'd probably still be mopping floors."

You see, if the man hadn't been forced outside of his comfort zone, he would have never invested that savings. Sometimes we are like that man, never knowing what we can be until we reach a point where we are stretched and HAVE to do something.

Several years ago, when my children were babies, I came to a point where I needed to be home with them, so I HAD to do something. So I quit my job and started a home daycare. As far as a job, that was the happiest I have ever been. Here we are, all these years later and I am going back to that. Children are my ministry and I have the full support of my loving husband, so July 1st, I will be opening my daycare. I have my registration process started and I am on my way.

I am so excited and I covet your prayers. If you would like to, stop over at the daycare blog and check it out, not much going on just yet, but there will be soon. Also, if you have the following items just sitting around, I could sure use them:

outdoor play items (cars, climbers, ride-ons)
kitchen chair booster seats (not car booster seats)
nap mats
childrens books (especially the ones that come with cassette tapes)
sand & water table
toys

No comments: