Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You have no idea....

My mother-in-law is 85 years old. Today she asked me if I had a cassette player and handed me a CD. It had "MOM" written in all four corners of the paper sleeve in familiar handwriting. She said that Vaughn gave it to her a long, long time ago. She said 30 years, but I doubt it was that long knowing that CD's only became popular in the early 90's and CD burners after that.

Anyhoo, its a burned copy of a Tom Jones CD. It has songs like "It's Not Unusual" and "Green, Green Grass of Home" on it. It's precious to her, so precious that she cried when she handed it to me wanting me to hear it.

I guess my point is, don't forget Mom this Mother's Day. You have no idea what any small token may mean to her. I'm sure my sweet hubby had no clue that all this time later that Tom Jones CD would be one of her most prized possessions.

Just a side note, if you have small children who attend daycare or preschool, the Friday before Mother's Day is Childcare Provider Appreciatin Day. Be sure to let your daycare worker know that you value her. It is also Teacher Appreciation Day, do something special for all the teacher's in your life, they are shaping our future.

Have a beautiful day today, my friends!

No comments: