Friday, February 12, 2010

Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge - Week 3 Day 5



Today is celebration day! This week has been about sabotage. Have you learned anything? I know I have. So many of us as women find ways to sabotage the good things, and I found more ways this week than I had known that I was sabotaging my own self-esteem. I want to be like Erma Bombeck and strive to be that woman who can tell God, “I used everything you gave me” and not “Well I just couldn’t do it.”

It is my goal to stop making excuses, stop lying to myself, stop avoiding conflict and stop procrastinating. Stop all of those things that I use to sabotage the blessings that God has given me. Stop killing my own self-esteem.

I enjoyed my hour of time alone with God, did you? I took a long hot bath and listened to sweet old hymns after I spent 30 minutes reading in Psalm. It energized me! I also visited a wonderful friend and spent some great time with her. It was a refreshing reunion. As for Day 4, I have made an appointment to get a hair cut. I seriously have tonsurephobia, fear of getting a hair cut and it is one cause of my self-esteem problems. Because of this, I have vowed to get my hair cut every three months so that it can stay healthy and pretty and truly be that “glory” that Paul referred to.

Today’s celebration challenge is to list three ways that you are going to stop self sabotage. My three are

1. Get a hair cut every three months to keep my hair healthy.
2. Spend time alone with God every day and spend time for just me at least twice a week.
3. Stop procrastinating.

You truly are beautiful in His sight, and I bet in someone else’s too! Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you right back here on Monday!


1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

Oooooh...can't wait to see that haircut!