Monday, February 15, 2010

Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge – Week 4 Day 1


Hello! I pray that you had a wonderful weekend and that you made it through without self-sabotage. When I was in the fourth grade, my Sunday school teacher taught us a song of thanks. It goes, “Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul. Thank you, Lord, for making me whole. Thank you, Lord, for giving to me thy great salvation so rich and free.” I love that song. That little song has gotten me thankfully through some of the darkest hours in my life.

Gratitude is our goal this week. Gratitude and thankfulness are pretty much the same. Did you know that the Bible mentions gratitude in many ways? In the King James version:
• The word thanks appears 73 times
• The word thanksgiving appears 28 times
• The word thank appears 27 times
• The word thanked appears 3 times
• The word thankful appears 3 times
• The word thanksgivings appears 2 times
• The word thankfulness appears 1 time
• The word thanking appears 1 time
• The word thankworthy appears 1 time

I think that God wants for us to be filled with Gratitude. In James 1:17 He says, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” I love that verse. Every good thing we get comes from God! How exciting is that?

Now I know that no matter how hard you are on yourself…no matter how many different ways you sabotage yourself…that there are good things about you. Now we know that those good things come straight from the heart of God.

This week our goal is to fight low self esteem by being full of gratitude. I pray that you will join me tomorrow as we take a step in that direction.

No comments: