Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge - Week 3 Day 3


Hello there! Service Day is upon us and have I got a great challenge for you today! Remember last week? We went over Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Well the Bible also says in Hebrews 10: 24-25, “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” You see, fellowship and loving one another is very important to Jesus. He wants us to gather with our sisters and to lift them up.

Sometimes we women sabotage fellowship as well. “Well I see my friends at church (at the gym, at work, at whatever) and that is fellowship, so I should be okay, “we say to ourselves. We busy ourselves with carpool, housework, and jobs. That girlfriend whom we promised to have lunch with four months ago is still on that list of things we need to do. We see her at the store and we blush and we say, “Oh yeah, I haven’t forgotten about you, I’ve just been soooo busy.” I don’t think that’s real great for her self-esteem. I know I’m guilty of that.

So today we are going to stop sabotaging our friendships. Your challenge is to call up a friend and invite her to do something. Have dinner, go get an ice cream, go to a movie, something…anything. Just spend some quality time with someone whom you don’t see every day.

I challenge you to take it even one step further. On your way to meet her, stop and pick up a simple flower, not a rose, but something cheerful like a daisy. When you see your friend tell her that you wanted to get her something beautiful to remind her that she is beautiful in your eyes and in God’s. Thank her for being your friend.

No comments: