Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge - Week 2 Day 2



Uplifting is important for everyone. The Word tells us in Proverbs “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another (Proverbs 27:17). “ As Christians we are supposed to uplift our friends. However, we do serious damage by sitting around waiting for someone to uplift us.

I was talking to some women who asked me, “When my husband doesn’t notice me, is that his problem or is it self-esteem?” Good question, girls, but let me ask you one question. Do you notice it when he DOES notice you? Most of us that answer honestly will have to answer no. Well, why not? Because our low self-esteem will not let us, that’s why. When he walks in and does a double-take, do you notice?

We cannot expect or depend on others to value our worth. God says that we are of “great worth” to Him. We need to claim and accept that. If the One who created us sees us as worthy, then why can’t we? Easier said than done, I know, but that’s what we’re here for, right?

So on to today’s challenge, you are going to write a love letter….to you. I recommend that you take a minute and pray, ask God to show you some of the beautiful and worthy things that He sees in you so that you can see through His eyes when looking at yourself and writing this letter.
Here is mine:

Dear Kaci,

I just wanted to write and let you know how much that I care for you. It is a growing process, learning to love me, but any relationship takes work, right? Anyway, I think you are a great person. You have a big heart and love to love people. I encourage you to keep going and learning to appreciate yourself because once you do you will be able to love others even more.

You have been blessed with many talents. God has rained down some real creative ability on you so that you can use them to further His kingdom. Speaking of which, your heart to serve Him has grown so much in the last several years.

You are a good friend. Your willingness to serve others is so nice. I also like your kindness to people, even people that you don’t know. Thank you for learning to seek God as your friend and for allowing Him to teach you His love and worth for you. My love for you is growing every day.

Love,
Me

Have fun writing your letter and have a wonderful day today!


No comments: