Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Story

Two years ago tomorrow, I married my beloved. But that's not where the story started.

Three and a half years ago, we met online, as crazy as that sounds, but really we met online. We chatted for months before we ever actually met, but when we met, I knew that he was the man that God created me to love.

We were friends for a year. So much happened during that time that grew us into the people we needed to be in order to love another person. It was like God grew us up together. It was quite a journey. We helped each other through some crazy times. Through relationships, family problems, difficult life lessons, successes and failures.

Then summer 2007, I went on a mission trip to Belize. You can read about that trip
here. It was a wonderful trip, God truly moved in my life. It was hard on me too, though. It was the first time in a year that I couldn't call and tell him about the awesome things that God was doing. I couldn't email him and tell him about the way God moved in the service and all these kids got saved. I couldn't call and tell him that I missed him.

At home he was so busy, working very hard remodeling a building. It was so hot that he was working at night. I had no idea, as I worked in the central American paradise that he was missing me just as much. I had told him before (many times) that he was the one I was supposed to marry. He always laughed it off, saying that he was incapable of loving anyone. During the ten days I was gone, God moved in his heart.

When I came home from Belize, he was so happy to see me. He held me for what seemed like eternity. The world around us felt like it just stopped moving and we were all that was in it. He told me that he needed to talk to me when he got off of work that night. So after work, I went to his house and he said, "If you really think you have what it takes to be my wife then we need to do what it takes to make it happen." I think my heart stopped beating.

Vaughn went to our pastor in late August and asked him what we needed to do. He said that since we hadn't really been dating that we needed to do so for at least three months. So we did that. It was so wonderful. We started going to a couples' class at church and figuring out how life would work as a couple. So four months later, at the Christmas party I told you about before, he romantically proposed and of course I accepted. We had to wait NINE WHOLE days for another appointment with our pastor. It was excruciating!

So we met with the pastor and he gave us his blessing to go ahead and get married. Since we had both been married before, he didn't have a problem with us just goin to the JP. We already had our marriage license, so the very next day, we called the JP and scheduled it for 2pm. Seriously, we got married on a weekday in the middle of the afternoon. I even had to leave work for it.

It was wonderful. Some of our very best friends left work and were there for us. here are some pictures from our wonderful day:




Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
Ruth 1:16-17

I love you Baby!!