Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thankfulness

Thanksgiving is coming. I have already begun plans for the holiday season. Its exciting, my first holiday season in my new home. With Thanksgiving on its way, I wanted to start a series on Thankfulness. I want to try to show thankfulness in some way every week until Thanksgiving.

I Thessalonians 5:18 says, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Today I have some specific people to be thankful for.

First and foremost, as always, my Jesus for taking what I had made of my life and making it a beautiful place. For healing the ugliness that I created and creating me to be lovely in Your sight. For all of the blessings that I have in my life to be thankful for every single day.

To my beloved. My help meet. My companion. My lover. My friend. You are everything that I never knew I always wanted. I did not know that I could be who you inspire me to be. I've never dreamed that I would be loved by a man in such a way that it makes my life feel full, complete, overflowing. Thank you for everything you do for me.

To my children. My reward from God. My legacy. I pray that both of you know every single day that Mommy loves you and is so very proud of you. My son, my sweet boy, the way you have improved at school is just outstanding, you have every right in the world to be so very proud of yourself, hold your chin high and keep up the good work. My daughter, my beautiful girl, I know that you feel so little when you get teased but remember that you are so beautiful and that your worth comes from God who created you to be beautiful in His sight and not from silly people who need to make themselves feel better by hurting others. Psalm 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

To my three oldest friends: Jocelyn, Sharon, and Jessica. I have known each of you for what seems like eternity. You know my past and yet still, you are here. Miles and situations may separate us, but please know that I value each of you dearly. Know that I would travel the ends of the earth for you. Know that you are priceless to me. Thank you for choosing to love me.

To my new friends: Becky, Sandi, and Christy, for teaching me that in order to bear another's burdens, I must allow my burdens to be borne as well. Thanks for being there and for standing in the gap with me and for me girls!

Its like those potato chips, once you start you just can't stop. I think I could thank folks all day long but I will stop there for now. If I can pray for you today, please let me know.

No comments: