Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Monday

Good morning to you!! I pray you had a wonderful, rested weekend. My weekend was great. My sweet sweet husband got home on Friday. We took a break from the work on the house and spent some wonderful time together. We went to the football game, we visited one of our college kids, and snuggled on the sofa.

Now, he's gone back to work. This will be his last full week out of town, Praise God! I'm back to work on the house. For those of you wondering why I am doing this work on the floor instead of him, that's my choice. I feel like he has done so much at the house that I need to contribute something.

The floor is really coming along nicely. Just remember that the only time I have had to work on it is in the evenings. A few hours a night a few nights a week. So it seems to just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag out. It seems like it is taking for-stinkin-ever. But really, when you look at the actual hours I have on that floor, its not bad at all. Its a 14 x 21 foot floor, which is nearly 300 sq foot. So to have less than 16 hours on that floor and to be as far along as I am is not bad at all. Also included in that is taking care of two households and my mother-in-law.

Also on my agenda this week is the flower bed. Grass has totally taken over. To the point of overwhelming me. We took a friend's advice in grass prevention and learned that we should have spent the money and used weed stop. Lesson learned. Also, that you must take time each week to pull grass from a new garden. But I got busy, I let it go and now its a big ugly monster that I have been procrastinating on doing and overwhelms me every time I look at it. But it needs to get done.

All of this just reminds me of our walk with God, we can't do everything on our own or all at once. Sometimes we get in over our heads, sometimes things don't go our way. But if we call on God, He knows what we need. He knows when it will get done and His plan is better than ours. He tells us in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We just have to trust in Him. We sometimes have to ask for help. We must depend on His strength, His time and His plan and not our own.

So here I am, asking for help. If you have some time tonight or tomorrow and don't have any other plans. I would love to have some friends help me out. You can help scrape the floor, you can help by pulling a section of the grass out of my mother-in-law's garden, you can help by sitting with me and talking to me while I scrape this floor if you can't do anything else. At the very least, you can pray for me. Pray that I remember to put this, and all things, in His hands and trust on His timing.

Thank you, and if I can pray for you, if I can help you, please let me know.

No comments: