Monday, June 15, 2009

Proverbs 14:1

Every wise woman buildeth her house...

I Don't know if you could call me a wise woman, but I do know that God has blessed me so greatly. I have been given the opportunity to literally build up my home with my hands and the rewards are immeasurable.

Friday night Vaughn was working at Aaron's cabinet shop, learning from him how to build cabinets, while they built my kitchen cabinets (which are absolutely GORGEOUS, by the way). As he worked, I worked at our house in the front room. I definitely had an idea of how I wanted it to look, but I am not blessed with being able to see the finished product in my mind. It just doesn't work that way for me.

After all the time I have spent in there, when I finished, I felt so very satisfied. I had quite a sense of accomplishment, but it was nothing compared to what I would feel in a bit. When Vaughn came home late that night, I had all of the lights out. I didn't turn them on until he was right at the door. Not only did I have the room painted, but I had the curtains in the windows, giving it a much more finished feel, even though we have yet to do the floors. When he walked into our new front room, words cannot describe the look on his face. It was so wonderful. He said, "WOW! It looks great, Baby!" There were actual tears. My husband was moved to tears by the work of my hands. I was so happy. So happy to have made my beloved so happy.

I may not be the Proverbs 31 woman, but I think I can feel what verse 31 is talking about when it says "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." I am so thankful to have this fruit of my hands. I am so thankful that I have pleased my husband.

I pray that this house becomes a sanctuary for my beloved, a safe place for my children to come home to, a haven of peace and comfort for all who enter in...a place where Jesus resides constantly.

No comments: