Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm here, at least in Spirit

Good morning, friends, I pray today finds you blessed. It seems like it has been forever since I have blogged. So much has happened. I will try to recap just a little today and then elaborate more as time permits.

THE SURGERY
Surgery went well. The pre-op nurse was kind of rude. He got mad at Vaughn, Robbie and I because we would not accept his "there is always a chance of this and this and this...." speech. By the way, while I'm on it, thank you, Robbie Yarbrough, thank you, thank you, for staying by Vaughn's side through that difficult day. It means more than you'll ever know, especially to the people you guys shared Christ with in the waiting room.

Back on track, surgery took about four hours. They made three small incisions and one large one and removed about six inches of damaged colon. I woke up in the recovery room and was angry at the nurse because she wouldn't let Vaughn come back there with me. It didn't really matter though, because I went right back to sleep and woke up in my room with my sweet man by my side.

Thank you to Dr. Dove, Dr. Culp and to the rest of Dr. Dove's shadows (interns) who took turns stitching me up. Thank you to my church family who were constantly in and out, checking on Vaughn and I. Thank you to Holly and Haley Ward for the wonderful gifts, and to Sandi Clark, even with everything you had going on, checked on me at least once a day. Thank you to my sweet Rina-Bina, the flowers were so beautiful!! Thank you to everyone who brought us meals, I tried to write Thank you's but if you didn't get one, know that your gift was such a blessing to our family.

THE HOUSE
All I can really say right now is WOW! The house is coming right along. SO many of the men from our church have been over there helping, bringing materials, and really bustin their tails to get it done. Its at the point now where Vaughn and I want to work non-stop because its coming together so well that we can see the end. I will post new pictures soon!!

No comments: