Friday, December 5, 2008

New House

For those of you who don't know yet - not like you really couldn't, I might as well have been shouting it from the rooftops - we closed on our house yesterday! That picture right there on the right of my house, that is proof that I have the sweetest husband in the whole world. Yesterday, before we went to closing, he said he had to go feed the dogs. That sweet man, went to the house and wrapped a big red ribbon around the front of the house, (see it, in the picture?) and when we got done with closing, he took me there and gave me his knife to cut the ribbon. Such a sweetie, my guy.

This house isn't great now, but just you wait, I've got big plans for this little house. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like now:
In an earlier post, I uploaded my floor plan idea. Who knows when we will get to the basement, but we hope to have the first floor done in a month or two so that we can move in. It's just exciting, buying your first house. Getting to decide how you want to decorate the inside, how to make it a place where family and friends will want to come and share this blessing and so many others. A place to pray and to praise, a place to worship and give thanks. A place to call home.

I am not yet sure on alot but I do know the colors I want for my kitchen. I will be decorating with birdhouses, too. I got this idea from a birdhouse that my children made for me. It reminds me of Matthew 6, when God is telling us just to stop worrying, especially verse 26 when He says, "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" I just love that thought, knowing that the Father is going to take care of me, that He loves me and wants a living relationship with me. God has blessed us with this home, and I can't wait to see how He touches people as they gather in His name inside of it. I am excited to cook meals in my kitchen and gather around the table to seek His face with loved ones. The Bible says in Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Also, I have picked out colors for the bathroom, though I'm not sure how exactly I am going to arrange these colors yet, I know they're what I would like to have. I know this is going to take some work on Vaughn's part and my part, but I am excited and ready for it. The Word tells us in Proverbs 31 that the virtuous woman "strengthens her arms" and that she works hard and "looketh well to the ways of her household."

So, as we roll up our sleeves and start to work on our home, please feel free to stop by, to visit us and visit with us. Know that our door is always open to you and to yours, through this Holiday Season and through the rest of the year. Thank you for joining us in praising the Father for this blessing and the many others we have received this year. If we can pray for you, please let us know.

6 comments:

elizabeth skaggs said...

Kaci,
I am so thrilled for you! A house to call your own...such a joy and blessing from the Lord. I remember when the kids and I moved into our house (we had been living for 8 months with my parents after the divorce). The feeling was OVERWHELMING! I still look at my house and say, "Praise God!" That is even though it was over 10 years ago! Love you!

Unknown said...

Hi,
AM so happy for you both!! It will take some elbow grease and lots of work I know but this house is "your home" and it is yours! So do what you can gradually and leave room for breathing--loving --and saving money to do the rest! With the economy the way it is the payments are a #1 priority plus the insurance on your home!
Take care and God Bless you
Hugs~~Doralea'

TheShermanFam said...

YAY!! How exciting! I can't wait to see what all you guys do with your cute new house!! I love the colors you have picked out! I know it will be perfect!
And HOW SWEET that he wrapped a bow around it...that is the sweetest thing EVER!
Congrats!!!!

Kaci Lusk said...

Thanks so much everyone. It is exciting and yes, Elizabeth, a bit overwhelming at times. Thank you all for your sweet comments. Love you all!

Unknown said...

Howdy Kaci. We missed you on Monday. Anyway, I have tagged you ...check out my blog for more directions. he. he.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Thanks to you and Vaughn for all the work you've done on April's house! We appreciate you all so much!!