Monday, June 23, 2008

Let HIM Carry You

Good morning. I pray today finds you blessed.

My dog Solomon has a swimming pool in his pen, you know the little blue plastic ones you get at Wal-mart for babies. Last week one night, I was leaving. I noticed a toad in Solomon’s pool. Little guy was just swimming and swimming.

When we got home, Vaughn went in there to let the poor thing out and it was a sight to see. Vaughn is chasing this toad around, trying to set him free and he’s swimming AWAY from the hand that is trying to save him. Vaughn’s words hit me and I haven’t been able to let them go, he said, “Kinda like us with God sometimes.”

As I watch life unfold around me I wonder how often God feels like Vaughn that day chasing us around this pool we call life. We get ourselves in a situation that we can’t get out of on our own. We are paddling with everything in us to escape the waters of despair and God is right there with His loving hand outstretched saying, “If you would just be still for a minute, I will help you.”

He tells us in His Word, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)”

It doesn’t say He might help us or He’ll think about helping us. It says He IS our refuge and our strength. It says “very present,” He WILL be there, always, in times of trouble.

John 14:1 says “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

We don’t have to run from our problems like that toad in the pool, running from the hand that was there to save him. Run TO GOD with your problems. He can save you. It doesn’t matter what your problem is, if it’s financial worries, physical pain, an addiction you can’t let go of, God can handle it all. His shoulders are big and broad and there’s no weight that you can lay on them that they can’t carry. Let Him carry you today?

Join with me and let’s take peace on the words from I Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

Have a blessed day and if I can pray for you, please let me know.

No comments: