Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Rescue

I pray today finds you blessed in so many ways.

Those of you who know me and my little hobbies know that one of them is rescue. I rescue mostly Pekingese dogs, but others somehow find their way into my home from time to time. I was joking with some of my rescue friends the other day that the animals just seem to know when someone is a rescuer. I find dogs sitting at my car door at the grocery store, begging me to take them home. Animals just seem to have a sense about these things.

I had finally gotten to a point a short time ago when all my rescues were gone. Once again, it was just me and Caesar, my 12 pound white peke, my first rescue. Then I went to the corner store for a coke. Into my car jumps a skinny, ugly, half starved cat. I really am not a cat person, but after the month I have had, and the loving look in the little guy's eyes, I couldn t resist. He came home with me.

This cat, who remains nameless, is constantly begging for attention. He curls up behind my neck any chance he gets and rubs against my cheek. He meows for attention non-stop and wants to be as near to me as possible all the time.

Sometimes, I wonder, is this how God feels about us? He wants so much for us to come to Him, to run to Him, to just spend time with Him every day. Revelation 3:20 says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. "

I can see the Father, standing at the door, we walk by Him on our way in and out. We complain of the day and wish we could just have a break. And still He stands there saying, "If you would just come and spend time with Me, I will give you peace." Yet we continue to run the race of the lives we've created instead of seeking the joy that awaits if we just die to ourselves and let Him live through us.

Psalms is full of verses promising peace and assurance, if we just ask it, if we just seek it. If we only choose to abide in him.

All we have to do is spend time with Him.

How many times have you passed Him by today? How many times has He asked you to spend some time with Him and you answer, "Not right now, Father, I am just too busy"?

Someone told me not very long ago that busy stands for Being Under Satan's Yoke. Are you too busy for the blessings God has for you? Are you to busy to revel in the peace He can bring to your life?

Don't be.

Spend some time with the Father, today and every day. Let Him bring the peace you seek. Let Him show you how blessed life can be if you only abide.

If I can pray for you, please let me know.

In Him,
Kaci M. Boggs
When there is nothing left but God that is when you find out that God is all
you need.

No comments: