Thursday, March 1, 2007

As I sit down in front of my computer now, I pray that God will speak. I have nothing to offer you but He does. If the idea is mine, then it does you no good, but if it is of the Lord, then maybe you will keep an open mind and allow Him to speak to you.

Monday I lost another grandmother, the second one in less than a month. I have spent so much time alone with the Father, praising Him for their lives, asking Him for what it is I am to learn from Him through this. And what I have gained is this: we are allowed certain people in our lives who will teach us and guide us if we allow ourselves to learn from them . Titus 3:5 says, "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, and that the word of God not be blasphemed." These women were this to me.

Mary Blackerby taught me forgiveness, mercy, grace, perseverance, and love. She taught me to remember to walk in the Lord every day. She taught me that the Lord has a perfect plan for us and that no matter what we do, no matter how bad we mess up, the blood of Jesus, shed on the cross for our sins, covers it all.

Lena Alvarado taught me how to be a mother, how to grow a family, how to cook, keep a home, and to love the Lord with all my heart, no matter how dark the day seems. That He will light your way and guide your steps.

I know that God has called me to the mission field. I know that God wants to do a great work in my life and that He will use me if I allow Him. I know that the lessons I learned from these wonderful women will live in me forever, and continue to teach me as I grow in the Father. I know that the love they shared with me will continue to be shared as long as I let the Lord use it.

I have made mistakes, big mistakes in my life, but I don't have to dwell on them. The blood of the Lamb covered them when He offered the ultimate sacrifice. When He died on that cross, He had us on His mind. When He died on that cross, Kaci died. 2 Cor. 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are made new." The old me died when I gave my life to Him. My grandmothers taught me that if you allow those old things to pass away, the new things will touch lives, because that new life is Christ's.

I thank them for the forgiveness, love, peace, patience, that they taught me I thank them for being Jesus in my life. I pray that when God puts people in your life that you can learn from, that you will allow Him to work through them in your life. I pray that you will let His light shine through them into your heart. I pray that you will praise Him for them in your life, long after they are gone.

I thank the Father, I praise Your Holy name, for the lives of my beautiful grandmothers, and that I know You now, thanks to Your work through them!

If I can pray for you today, please let me know. Please continue to pray for my family as we get through this time. Also, please pray for my friend and the youth pastor at our church, Chris, as he has lost his grandmother as well.

In Him,
Kaci M. Boggs
When there is nothing left but God that is when you find out that God is all
you need.


~It is only abiding that can really satisfy the thirsty soul. Andrew Murray

No comments: