Sunday, March 18, 2007

I pray today finds you blessed!

I turned thirty yesterday. For some that is a major landmark, for some it can cause severe, deep depression. My friend Mickey told me that I am finally past the annoying twenties and finally an actual adult. A nice way to think about it. But I got to pondering it, and when I did it took me back over my week. My birthday isn't the only thing that has happened this week. I started my Experiencing God class, I've been to church several times and to my Single Factor class, and I've spent time with friends and family. Each instance had a different message, but God is using them all to teach me the same lesson.

WAIT

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 27:14

The Lord keeps telling me to wait. I remember as a child, my father, teachers, coaches, band directors and youth leaders saying, "Don't just stand there, DO SOMETHING." And God, through Experiencing God this week said "Do just do something, STAND THERE." God through Single Factor last night said, seek to walk worthy of that which you are called, which sometimes
means, wait for what the Lord has for you. Through a discussion with a friend last night, the Lord told me, to stop trying to make things happen on my or someone else's timeline, to just chill a little and let God do it, whatever He wants to do with it. In service this morning, Bill talked of Moses on the mount, waiting for 6 days to get Word from God. SIX DAYS.

WAIT

Wow, as humans that's not easy for us to wrap our brains around sometimes, but the Lord stills asks it. He wouldn't ask it if we weren't capable. The Word says, " And now, Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in thee. Psalms 39:7 Do I know what I am waiting for? No. Do I need to know? Praise the Lord, no I don't.

What I do know is that I have grown this last year, I have matured spiritually so that those who truly know me, who know who I was just a year ago, can see the changes He has made in me. My Momma Carolyn told me yesterday, "Now I KNOW He is in you. Now I KNOW you will be ok."

I know that He will be faithful to continue that good work He has started in me and I praise Him for it.

Will you wait on the Lord today? Will you abide in Him and allow Him to mold you, shape you and live through you?

If I can pray for you, please let me know.

In Him,
Kaci M. Boggs
When there is nothing left but God that is when you find out that God is all
you need.

No comments: