Sunday, January 7, 2007

Those of you that know me and have been getting my writings for a while,
know that when God tells me to write, no matter what the time, I gotta write
So if you're new to my "Ramblings" don't be shocked by the time it was sent
If I am not obedient to writing now, I will not sleep.

I am reminded of an old Baptist hymn, Jesus Loves Even Me". Written by
Philip J. Bliss in June 1870. The second verse says "Though I forget Him,
and wander away,Still He doth love me wherever I stray; Back to His dear
loving arms I do flee, When I remember that Jesus loves me. I am so glad
that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me. I am so glad that
Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me."

How awesome is it when we realize the reality of those words, written 115
years ago. The very first Bible verse I ever memorized, at the age of 5,
was John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten
son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting
life." The love he talks of in this verse is from the word agapao. Which is
true, complete love. The Bible speaks of another type of love, phileo, a
friendship type love or love out of duty. But He chooses in John 3:16 when
speaking of God's love for us to use agapao, true, complete love.

I am SO glad that Jesus loves me. The third verse to that song goes "Oh, if
there’s only one song I can sing, When in His beauty I see the great King,
This shall my song through eternity be, “Oh, what a wonder that Jesus loves
me!”"

In John 10:15, Jesus is talking and says " As the Father knoweth me, even so
I know the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep." That's you and me
folks. How blessed are we!! That Jesus, knowing the goodness and beauty of
Heaven, stepped down to earth and became a man so that He could lay down His
life for us.

He loves you, no matter how far away you feel you have become, no matter
where you have wandered. You're never more than one step back. Come to Him,
cling to Him, follow Him. He wants a living, complete, abiding relationship
with you today. Run, flee, fall into His loving arms today.

Please continue to pray for my family and if I can pray for you, please let
me know.

In Him,
Kaci

No comments: