Sunday, October 22, 2006

I was sitting at lunch today. I sat at Braums, pondering this morning's
lesson and watching the two little girls at the table beside me. The father
took his milkshake and poured some in one cup for the older girl and gave
the rest to the younger. Little sister was not pleased. She stamped her feet
and told her father she wanted her own cup. She wanted her own shake. "I
want it to be MINE," she pouted. The father then lovingly pulled her onto
his lap, set the cup back into her hands and said, "This IS yours, it was
mine, but I gave it to you. It's not mine any longer, it's all yours."

God wants us to be like that father with our lives. He is selfish in that He
wants every aspect of our lives to be His. You can't be loving Him on Sunday
morning and loving the world Monday through Saturday. He wants us to be His,
not anyone else's. He wants us to give our lives over to Him completely, to
say, "Its yours," but this is where it changes, we should say, "It was never
mine to begin with, it was always yours and I tried to do it on my own but I
messed it up. Please Father, take it from me, live it for me, its all Yours.


I wanted so much for so long to live in Christ every single day. I tried so
hard to walk in Him and failed time after time after time. Then I learned, I
can't. It is not possible for me to walk in Christ. I must die. Kaci can
live no more. Then, and only then, can Christ live in me. If I am dead to
this world, then Christ can live and walk and serve in my body. Praise God!

Romans 6:6-7 says, "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him,
that the body of sin might be destroyed,

No comments: