Saturday, October 7, 2006

I am so blessed! One week in the wilderness and the manna keeps raining down
I pray this message finds you all equally blessed. My first week in Borger
has been strange, new, different, difficult, wonderful, and exciting...to
say the least. I am finding my way around, settling into a routine, and
growing even stronger in my daily walk with our Lord. I am pleased to be
able to say even though I have to get up 2 hours earlier than what I was
used to, God is helping me to get up every day with plenty of time to start
my day in fellowship with Him.

Finding myself back in secular employment has not been easy for me. I
appreciate those of my friends who have lent an ear and a shoulder on the
days when I found it hard. I thank you for reminding me to praise my King
through the storm. If you had told me a few months ago that God was sending
me back into the world, I would have called you a liar. But a few months ago
God knew I wasn't ready for it. I had to do some spiritual growing up.
Pastor Alan Burkhalter from a small Baptist church in Amarillo told me once
that "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." God was
preparing me for this new chapter and I pray that I follow Him and bring Him
glory in this transition. Please keep me in prayer as I continue to find my
place in these new surroundings?

I am getting settled into my new home a little at a time. Just when I think
I'm almost there, a new crisis rears its head but I am persevering. I am
meeting many new wonderful people at Fellowship Baptist in Borger, and I
miss my friends at Trinity so very much. Those of you in my yahoo groups,
thank you for checking on me, I feel so loved and missed, my Internet should
be back on in a week or so. Those who live in Amarillo, remember, Borger is
only 45 minutes away, drop me a line if you don't have my address and come
visit me???? Also I am getting Baptized the last Sunday of October and would
love to see some friends and family there. (To those of you asking
yourselves why I am getting Baptized again: because I come from a church
other than Baptist, I am getting Baptized again to join this one...seems
fitting anyway, with the rededication I have made in my life to the Lord.)
If you would like to attend, please let me know and I'll let you know when
and where.

I love you all and will be writing ramblings regularly again very soon!!
Please let me know if I can pray for you!!

No comments: