Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bittersweet. That's how I would describe my day yesterday. My last Sunday at
a church where I have spent nearly every single Sunday for the last 3 years.
I walked into Trinity a stranger. Yesterday, I walked out of Trinity
feeling, loved, appreciated and important.

The tiny baby that I swaddled and rocked so many times, has recently
promoted to the preschool class. As I held her in my arms yesterday, I
thought of all the memories, wondered if she would know who I was if we were
to run into each other in 20 years, and thanked God for the blessing of
being a part of her life.

I made a tree that decorated our nursery door while I was there. I painted a
tree trunk on butcher paper and the kids' handprints were the leaves. The
caption read, These little ones, with roots firmly planted in God's Word,
will grow big and strong as the mighty oak. I cried as I took that tree off
the door yesterday. I am taking it with me for sentimental value. I thought
of all the handprint and footprint crafts we had made over the years, Mother
s day, Father's day, Christmas...and how those hands and feet had grown
since I had been there, and how they will continue to grow in the years to
come. God bless you all, my precious babies!!

God is moving me into a new chapter in my life. This Friday I will lock the
office door to Trinity for the last time, hand over my keys and say goodbye
to good friends. Michael W. Smith said it best in his song when he said "
And friends are friends forever If the Lord's the Lord of them And a friend
will not say never 'Cause the welcome will not end Though it's hard to let
you go In the Father's hands we know That a lifetime's not too long To live
as friends." I am so blessed to know the people that I have met the last 3
years at Trinity. I am so blessed to call you all my friends.

To my old friends in Amarillo: I love you so much and I hope you will keep
in touch, always!

To my new friends in Borger: Thank you for making me feel so very welcome, I
can't wait to see what God has in store for me here.

To my loved ones and family: I love you all so very much and I thank you for
the support you've all shown. Even though most of you are asking each other
Why is she going to BORGER???" And Angela, you'd better write me from Boot
little girl, and remember Romans 12:12 (Be) "Rejoicing in hope, patient in
tribulation, continuing instant in prayer." We will be praying for you, I
know you can do it!!!

God bless you all and have a wonderful week!

If I can pray for you, please let me know.

No comments: