Saturday, August 12, 2006

Well, I have gotten many emails wondering where ramblings have been this week. Sorry, its been a busy week. Getting ready for school, getting the kids ready to head back to Virginia, and getting right with God.

I have been giving a lot of thought to Gal. 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Have you ever wondered how your obituary would read? If we are to live by the Word, then we as Christians should all have an obituary already. Wouldn't it be great if the newspaper had a section for obits such as the following:

Kaci Machelle Alvarado, 12, of Amarillo died Sunday, May 28, 1989. Baptismal services were at 9:15 am Sunday in Central Baptist Church with Bob Harwell, pastor, officiating. There is no body to bury, simply a flesh that has died and a spirit that lives to walk anew in Christ. Survivors include: millions of others who Jesus has called to come to Him
too.


Or what about this one:
Kaci Machelle Boggs, 29, of Amarillo died Saturday, August 12, 2006. She has sacrificed the flesh to rededicate her life to living and walking with the Lord. The flesh that is past will be missed by none. The birth of the new life in Christ will be celebrated with daily praise and worship and a new joy for life.

If you call next week and get my voicemail, don't panic, I am fine, I just plan to spend some time alone, no phone, no computer, just time alone, in the arms of my Father. It is time for this flesh, this doubt, to die. When I was talking to a friend the other night, I was asked "Where is your Faith?" Ouch, the question needed to be asked. I was much too involved in my own pain to let faith guide me. Once the children have gone I am going to spend a few days alone with God, fasting and seeking Him out. It's like that new Jars of Clay song "I am just a dead man lying on the carpet, can't find a heart beat. Make me breathe, I want to be a new man, tired of the old one, out with the old plan." I must seek Him, with a pure heart, if I am to hear His plan for me.

No matter how you word it, we are to die to the world and live anew in the Spirit. Whether you are baptized in the Baptist Church or Methodist, whether you consider yourself "saved," "born again" or simply devote your life to Him, we are all called to DIE to this world. We are to take up our cross and follow Him. We are to become fishers of men, and lead people to do the same. Maybe writing our own obituary of the flesh is a good way to start, but no matter how you do it, remember, it is each of our calling. Death is only the beginning.

No comments: