Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I pray this has found you blessed today.

So many times in the last two weeks, I have been asked numerous times, "How do you do it?" Or been told, "I just don't know how you make it through each day." And now with the possibility of a hurricane or tropical storm landing right on top of their town, the concern has grown.

My kids have been gone now for twelve days. Days that seem like eternity since I've kissed their sweet faces or held them. But Psalm 18: 1-2 says I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. So if He is my strength, if I trust Him with that, then that, my friends, is how I make it through the day.

Do I miss my kids? Of course I do. I miss Austin always making me laugh. I miss sitting down at the dinner table and at the end of our prayer he says, God is our friend, aaaaaaaaaMEN!" I miss after that prayer, my Bethanie looking at me, with all the seriousness of a grown woman and saying, "So Mom what shall we talk about tonight?" I miss Barbie and Pokemon, I miss having to get up and fix cereal in the morning. I miss pancakes at 11:00 at night.

But do I let it pull me down, do I let it hinder my witness? Do I go through each day, sobbing over my loss when there are lost souls out there that belong to my King that He wants me to reach out to? If I give in to the pain then Satan wins. If I lie in bed all day weeping, then my Father gets no glory. He is my deliverer and He will get me through this storm. It's like an email I read the other day said, "Stop telling God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is." If I tell this storm about my mighty, about my great God, then maybe, just maybe someone else will gain strength through the blessing of comfort God has bestowed upon me. If just one non-custodial mom can reach to God knowing Phil. 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," then God has blessed me through my pain.


Reach out to your Father today, let Him comfort you in your pain, shelter you in your storm, and guide you in your weakness.

If I can pray for you today, please let me know.
Peace in Christ,
Kaci M. Boggs
http://knowheaven.tripod.com

~Talking to Christ about others gives us the passion to talk to others about
Christ! (Author Unknown)

No comments: