Sunday, August 27, 2006

Good Sunday to you all. I know ramblings have been far between this last few weeks but as many of you know I have been ill. Praise the Lord, God is moving so greatly in my life right now. I will have so much to tell you all very soon.

I start off this writing today by asking your prayers for my friend Carolyn and her family. I have written about her before, about her being another mother to me, a vision of God's grace, and a virtuous woman for me to look up to in my walk with Christ. Her home was flooded this past week, with all the rains we have gotten, and the devastation has brought much disappointment to the family.

Due to a breakdown in communication, I was unaware of the disaster for nearly a week after it happened. I felt lost, hurt and left out because I was unable to be there for my loved ones when they needed me. These loving people, who had once opened their hearts and the very same home to me...when they needed me, I was unable to return the favor.

Knowing that Jesus walked this Earth and went through the same things we go through and feels the things we feel, it makes me think that sometimes God feels the same way. When we, his loved ones are going through a tough time and because of our failure to communicate with Him, He is not able to be available to help us in our time of need.

Psalms 55:22 says, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." God wants for us to come to Him in those times of need. He wants to be the One we turn to when we are hurting. He wants to wrap His loving arms around us a comfort us in our pain.

Will you turn to Him today? Will you reach out to Him in your time of need and in times of joy? Will you allow Him to comfort you today??

If I can pray for you, please let me know.

God bless each of you,
Kaci

No comments: