Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Dream Wedding - Second Chances - My Dress

If you don't know by now, we're having a cowboy wedding next year for our 5th Anniversary. I am planning the wedding I've always dreamed of. A real cowgirl's dream. In picking my wedding dress, I was inspired by this gorgeous gown from Sat'n Spurs

But I want my own design, not something someone else has worn before, so I've picked this pattern

It's Vogue 1095 and these are the changes I want to make to it

The flower girl dresses will be made from this pattern and will have the same changes...I think it will be awesome!

I am planning to make this dress myself. So at least if it all goes wrong, I have the "inspiration" dress to fall back on. As far as I know my darling Vaughn does not read this blog so I plan to post pictures and tutorials as I go so that you can follow along. Maybe someone else has an aspiration to make their own wedding dress and need some tips and ideas, I hope I can help you in some way. Maybe just to know how not to do it...hehehe, but hopefully in the end I will have a beautiful, one of a kind gown to show for it. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

Awesome! I admire your adventurous spirit!