Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge - Introduction


Okay, so yesterday I gave you the first day of the Self-Esteem Makeover Challenge and today I wanted to tell you a little bit more about how it will work before we go on to Day 2.

First of all, it doesn't matter if you found this challenge on January 12, 2009 or someday 3 years from now, you can start at anytime. When you choose to, though, I would love to hear from you, so please drop a comment and let me know so that I can pray for your journey.

Next, 45 days, I really need to clarify this a little. There are 45 days of challenges, but the program will work on a Monday through Friday basis. One of the lessons we will learn through this challenge is proper and realistic goal setting and one of the ways to set an attainable goal is to prevent frustration and burn out so I didn't want for this to be a 7 day a week type project. That way if you miss a day, it's not a big deal. Also, I don't blog on the weekend, that's my time with my family and it's very important to me.

Now, each week will have a goal and the week will be spent learning to reach that goal. Monday is "goals day". On goals day we will find out the weekly goal and learn a little about how that specific topic affects our self-esteem. The goals are: goals, changing negative behavior, kicking sabotage, gratitude, accepting uniqueness, cleanse, inspire, uplift/encourage, and finally, renew. Tuesday is "uplifting me" day. On "uplifting me" day, we will learn how to do something to boost our own self-confidence and that its okay to do so. Wednesday is "service day". On "service day" we will do something for someone around us, helping encourage another's self-confidence will boost yours too, I promise. Thursday is "building day". On "building day" we will learn how we can improve our self confidence through our countenance, hair, clothes, hands, feet and accessories. This is not a material type building, we're not talking about going out and buying a whole new wardrobe, but how to make your attitude match the image we want to portray as a woman who is confident in the "great worth" that God sees in her. Then finally, Friday, ah Friday is "celebration day". On "celebration day" we will participate in an activity that celebrates what we have learned this week.

So now you know how the project will run. I am so excited, I have many women already commented or emailed to notify me that they are going to join us in our challenge. We also have several salons in different places offering some great prizes and a lucky reader who completes the challenge will receive a copy of Jonny Diaz's CD featuring the song "Beautiful You", one of the inspirations for this challenge.

Day 2's post will be coming later this morning, so check back soon.

No comments: