Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year - A Bit of Reflection

I am so blessed to be given another year and so very honored that you chose to allow me to be a part of yours.

2009 was a crazy year for us. I had major surgery, we moved into our house, the kids have grown so much and we are awaiting yet our second grandchild. Some sad things happened, my sister-in-law and mother-in-law had a falling out (I still pray for healing and renewal in our family), our Solomon was lost, and personal goals were left unmet.

That's the awesome thing about a New Year, though, it's a brand new chance to start over. Relationships can be mended, hearts can be healed from the pain of loss and goals left unmet can still be attained.

This time of year reminds me of one of my very favorite Bible verses, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Cor. 5:17)" God has made us new creations; therefore, any of those old things, mistakes, regret, pain, insecurity has all been left behind. Even better, that verse said it has passed away. IT IS DEAD! When someone or some feeling tries to bring those things back up, tries to accuse or shame you with them, all you have to do is remember that you are not that same person any longer. God has given you a brand new life and you did not commit those sins in this new life. That God has cast those indiscretions aside - "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.(Psalm 103:12)"

My resolution this year is to stop fighting God in this aspect. He has already made me new. I just have to accept that and let Him. I need to stop dwelling on my past mistakes and living in my insecurities. To be honest with you, my readers, I struggle daily with insecurities. I was once told that I lived my life on "terminal self-destruct". Things can't get better if you don't allow them to. I had to let go of that "self-destruct" mentality in order to move on with my life. If you expect bad things to always happen, they will. If you look for the bad in every situation, you will find it. If you plan to take the blame for everything, you will find a way to make everything your fault. Don't shy away from your responsibility, if you have done something, you must own up to it, repent and make amends, but don't go looking for trouble. Live your life knowing that God wants to live and walk with you. Allow Him to remove your doubt and insecurities, allow Him to make you a new creation.

Please pray for me today as I seek to do the same things.

Will you let Him make you new today? If I can pray for you, please let me know.

No comments: