Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade Christmas - Memo/Picture Board


Okay now, somebody say, "Finally Kaci!" Here ya go, another Homemade Christmas idea that's not only inexpensive, but quick and easy. I took an old cork board/white board combo and turned it into something that would go better in my front room office area.
My office area is in my very pretty front room and I didn't think this board quite went in there, but I needed something for memos, notes, and pictures. If you don't have a board to recycle, you can also use a piece of half inch plywood, MDF, or Masonite if you have some laying around or have a piece cut at your local hardware store. Honestly, after doing this project, I might redo it later with a piece of wood because the cardboard backing on my board liked to collapse when I was stapling.Cut a piece of quilt batting to be just a little bigger than your board. I got some that was way too thin so I doubled up on it. Staple the batting to the back of your board. Be sure to pull it tight. Follow the same steps with your favorite fabric. Cross-cross a coordinating grosgrain ribbon in any pattern you like across the front of the board and staple to the back.Hang in your location or give as a gift!
This project honestly took me only about 20 minutes to make and cost less than $10! Have so much fun and please send me a picture if you decide to make one too! I have Two more projects in the works, so check back soon! Have a great day and if I can pray for you, please let me know.

No comments: