Monday, November 23, 2009

Homemade Christmas - Bandana Aprons



Good morning! I must start this post by saying that this was NOT my idea. I saw it on a blog, not sure which one, but I cannot take the credit. That aside, Bethanie and I had so much fun making them.

Take a simple, fun colored bandana and find a coordinating ribbon.

Pin some grosgrain ribbon cut to fit the waist of the person receiving this gift to the top of the bandana (we picked a bandana that was pretty on both sides, you'll see why in a minute). Be sure to cover up the "made in wherever" print if you don't want it to show.

Then sew it on

Now if this is an adult apron or you have no need for pockets, you can stop right there. This is my apron, the beautiful Bethanie proudly showing it off.

Or, if you're making this gift for a child, or maybe a waitress, you might fold it up halfway and sew up both sides and the middle to make two pockets. Like we did for Bethanie's early birthday present/craft project with Mom. Bethanie loves her apron. She wouldn't take it off last night. This was such a fun project and literally cost us less than $5 for both aprons. It took us only about 30 minutes to make them both as well.

Have fun making bandana aprons and send pictures if you do!! I am thankful for this time with my children this week! If I can pray for you, please let me know.

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

GREAT idea! I'm stealing it!