Thursday, August 13, 2009

San Antonio, TX - Vacation '09

There is a picture like this for every trip we have taken. Why do I do this? I have no idea. I sure bet that my sweet hubby wishes he knew why so he could stop it. Here we go!

When we got to San Antonio, Aunt Debbie had a dog that didn't play well with others. She and Dusty could never be in the same room. This is Aussie (pronounced Ozzie) looking out the glass door at Dusty who just wants to play with her.


My baby girl and her step-daddy whom she just loves! I knew I shouldn't have fixed her hair until it was time to go to church.


Miss Haley and myself. She's a beautiful little girl and my new friend. Bethanie said, "Mommy let me take a picture of you and Haley." Of course I kindly declined, but my dear daughter didn't care, she caught her mother's bug...loves to snap pictures!


My darling children posing before church. Someone said they were so gorgeous that they could be movie stars. It wasn't me, really, but I do think so.


Vaughn, sharing with Aunt Debbie's life group who came over to meet us and brought Mexican food!


The reason why Vaughn's shirt was so dirty in that last picture. He spent the first three days of our vacation right here, under my car. The stinkin fuel pump went out and was such a chore! God blessed us with some wonderful help, though, and Vaughn got it fixed.


Bethanie, again, with my camera. Bless her silly little heart. I can't stand to have my picture taken, but who can resist a little girl begging?? I gave in and this one really isn't that bad.


The kids in front of Bass Pro, this is where we were going when the truck broke down. We finally made it!


The family in front of Sea World with Wally the Walrus.


The kids weaseled Aunt Debbie into riding this ride with them. I can't say much, I rode it too.


Shamu, what a wonderful show. The kids enjoyed it very much. Their favorite, though, was the dolphin and Beluga whale show with the acrobats. At one point during the Shamu show, the trainer called all the kids down to the bottom of the stairs.


This is what happened at the bottom of the stairs. Bethanie came back and made a precious face, she said, "MOM, it was SALT WATER!"


Of course Austin had to remind her that whales live in salt water, and pipe in the brotherly, "Gah, what did you think it would be?"


The kids at the Sea Lion exhibit. Where we had to ask the keeper what the difference was between Sea Lions and seals. Ask my kids, they can tell you now.


And this, my friends, is my children in the amphitheater at the Alamo. Austin said, "Hey Mom, this is where Stephen F. Austin used to come to watch movies and stuff!" He was sorely disappointed to find out that Stephen F. Austin, while having a major role in the independence of Texas, was not actually at the battle of the Alamo.

3 comments:

Sandi C said...

Looks like yall had a blast! I am soo glad! I will save that next Vaughn may need a little sun before he dons the shorts he he he (his legs aren't quite as white as Derricks ha ha)
S

Becky Dietz said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT trip!

Kaci Lusk said...

Yes, Becky it was wonderful! Sandi, if he could have worn his boots without getting them wet, he wouldn't have even worn shorts to Sea World!