Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Secret Project

I have watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition for years. Doing this house has made me feel like I am doing my own small version of the wonderful show. Especially the part where all the friends pitch in to help. I know I keep going on about it all, but I really can't thank you all enough. Anyway, so I thought I would steal an idea from Ty. My own secret project.

Okay, so I have pretty much had free reign in the house as far as design and colors and stuff go. But I have run mostly everything by Vaughn first. This is the exception. I told him last night that the bedroom is off limits. Once he gets the closet finished and the carpet laid, he is to exit the bedroom, never to return, well not never, but never until the project is finished.

I have it all laid out in my head, just still looking for a few things. I have ideas for most of these items and can't wait to see how it all turns out. I have ideas for a bed bench, floating nightstands and beautiful ambient lighting. I will post before and afters of the items I make myself, like the bed bench I'm making out of an old coffee table I bought at the perpetual yard sale on the corner of 3rd street.

A couple of people said I missed my calling, that I should have gone into Interior Decorating, I don't know about all that. I'm just having fun. Keep checking back and I'll let you know how the room unfolds!

No comments: