Monday, February 16, 2009

Prayer Request

I am asking for your prayers. As you may or may not know, last month I went to the hospital with Divcerticulitis. My body is not responding to the oral antibiotics and it is not healing. I have lived with the pain for over a month now, as well as the side effects of the serious antibiotics that they prescribed to fight it. Vaughn and I went back to the surgeon on Friday after a morning of CT scans and testing, and he is not happy. He has decided that I am much too young to try to wait and see if my body will fight this off. Obviously, it is not getting better. He said that surgery is my only option. I will be going into the hospital on Wednesday through the ER and he will admit me from there and begin to prep me for the surgery. If all goes as planned, I will have the surgery on Thursday to cut out the bad section of my large intestine and attach the two good pieces. He will go in laporoscopically (sp?) and see if he can do the surgery that way, if not, he will make an incision. I will be in the hospital for 5-7 days, and then home for 4-6 weeks.

Our house is almost ready to move into, but someone tried to break into Mom's house a week and a half ago. We have moved back in with her until our house is ready, which has turned out to be a blessing, since I will be on the mend for a while.

We are assured that this is God's will. He has given us a doctor that truly cares about my future and is doing what is necessary to prevent serious complications for me later in life. God has blessed our lives so richly through this and in spite of this, we just can't deny His guidance and beautiful presence through this.

We covet your prayers in this time, I know that Vaughn's prayers are for me to get better, mine are mostly that he doesn't worry so much. I will update everyone as soon as I am well enough.

No comments: