Friday, September 12, 2008

God, what are you doing?


God, what are you doing?

Have you ever asked that question? Do you have any idea how many people ask that question in desperation every single day?

I have no idea the answer to that last question, and no way to answer the first one for myself, but I know what God wants for us to do when we feel like asking it. The first part of Psalm 46:10 says “Be still and know that I am God:”. Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”

I love reading God’s Word. It’s like He tells me, “Hey, look, I already told you in my Word, I got it. You don’t have to worry about ANYTHING. You don’t need to know what I am doing, so just CHILL!”

One of my closest friends asked me to make a website for her this week. I thought, wow, cool, thanks God, I needed that little extra. Funny thing is, He used it for so much more. He used it to remind my friend and I that we needed each other. That even though we are separated by 200 miles or so, that she has loved me for 16 years and nothing is going to change that. That even though sometimes she might not agree with what I’m doing, she is going to love and support me no matter what. That even when I am not at the top of my game, I am at the top of her list. I know that if I needed her today, she would be at my side, whatever it takes. And she knows that the same is true in reverse.

The amazing thing is, I have several friends like this. For years God has blessed me with your presence in my life. Thank you, each of you, for loving me and for allowing me to love you.

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” (Phil. 1:3)

If I can pray for you today, please let me know.

No comments: