Friday, May 9, 2008

How's Married Life?

The most common question that people ask me lately is "How's married life?" I must be honest with you friends; it's nothing like I thought it would be. It is absolutely the most wonderful thing that has happened to me since salvation. I can't tell you a time in my life when I have been so very happy.

Does that mean we don't have our problems? No way. We're two people. Two people can't agree on everything all the time. We can; however, work things out and come to a conclusion that's beneficial to everyone involved. We both have our own little quirks that drive the other crazy, but he understands that I leave doors open (everywhere, all the time) and I understand that "in a minute" in man time does not always equal an actual minute. But sometimes it's those little things that define us as individuals, they make us that one person that the other can't live without.

All those battles that we fight on our own as singles are no longer solely ours. My sweet husband takes Galatians 6:2 very seriously. It says there "Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ." There is not one single burden of mine that Vaughn does not take upon himself. One of my biggest burdens, my low self confidence, he has made his personal battle. He does everything he can to uplift me in some way every day. When he catches me wallowing in it – he knows the little telltale signs – he takes my hand, ever so gently, as if to remind me I'm not alone.

I know that the Lord truly blessed me when He created me to be the helpmeet for this man. I know that there are no words that can accurately portray the love I feel for him. So, now, to those of you who wonder, "How's married life?" I think I speak for the both of us when I answer, "Amazing. Filled with blessings daily. Totally and completely wonderful."

I love you Vaughn!


Please pray for us and the upcoming Celebrate Recovery Ministry beginning at our church. Please let me know if I can pray for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This darn near made me cry. I'm so happy for you, Kaci. I'm so thankful that you've found a man as good as Vaughn. Please pray that someday I'll be that lucky too. Love ya!