Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Hat, Old Hat

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17

The way I dress has changed a little, some people are asking why. Because the Lord has changed my life. Truly, completely, wholly.
Years ago, I wore boots everywhere I went. Years ago, I knew that I knew that I knew that Jesus loved me....years ago, I walked away from the loving arms of my Savior. Some of you know the ugliness that I caused. Some of you know the things I did to shame myself, my family, and most of all, the testimony of the One who died to save me from it all. One thing I forgot during that time was that the blood He shed that day covered it ALL.
When I walked away, He didn't. When I chose to live MY life and not HIS, He stood there. He waited for the day I would return. The prodigal child, I slept in the mud with the swine. I squandered my heavenly inheritance. I thought I knew better how to live than the life I had been offered. But when I came back, there He was, waiting for me, watching for me, reaching for me with open arms. He says in His Word, "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. (Luke 15:24)"
Do you know what happened when the prodigal son came home? It's in the rest of that verse "And they began to be merry." It's that simple. The Father opens His loving arms, He wraps the child in the best robe, slips a ring on his finger and throws him a grand party. Happiness once again fills the household!
So, yeah, I walked away, I acted the fool...but the Father was waiting. Now we have begun to be merry. So I've gone back to the place in my life where I was before I walked away. I pulled the old boots out of the closet, I got me a new hat, and I know that I know that I KNOW that my Jesus loves me. I am happy!
Do you want to be happy today? Have you walked away from your Father? COME HOME, that's all He asks. Let Him welcome you in so you can be merry.
If I can pray for you let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for you my Kaci! I'm so happy for you. And I'm so glad you're coming back full circle to the person you're meant to be. Love you!