Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Enough

So many people in my circle of friends has experienced difficulties this past week. One of my sisters in Christ has had cancer return and is yet again undergoing chemo. One of my colleagues has a grown son in Intensive Care after a serious truck accident. A very good friend of mine is battling severe depression and desperately missing her absent children. Some of my friends have sent children off to college, and yet others are fighting spiritual battles.

As I remember each of you in prayer, I am reminded of one of my favorite BarlowGirl songs "Enough". The song was written by Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio, and to me it is just a reminder of what the Word tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The song reads:
All of You is more than enough for/All of me for every thirst and every need/ You satisfy me with Your love/ And all I have in You Is more than enough/ You are my supply/ My breath of life/ Still more awesome than I know/ You are my reward/ Worth living for Still more awesome than I know/ You're my sacrifice of greatest price / Still more awesome than I know/ You're my coming King You're everything / Still more awesome than I know

Isn't He though? Isn't He enough to see us through the cancers, chemo, accidents, depression, loss, pain and suffering? Isn't He big enough to see us through any trial that this world can throw at us?

1 John 3:1 says "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."

We ARE the sons of God. He has called us and we are HIS!! Whatever you are going through, whatever you are facing, remember that He is enough to see you through. He is the reward for standing in the face of whatever storm comes your way. His strength is perfect in our weakness and his loving, glorious grace is sufficient! We must GLORY in our infirmities, that we can
rest in His power.

Will you take glory in the face of infirmity today?

It's not always easy, but you're not alone. If I can pray for you, please let me know.

In Him,
Kaci

No comments: