Thursday, August 23, 2007

Let Him Catch You

It's been a while since I've written a "Rambling" and I appreciate all the emails asking where they have been. It is such a blessing to me to hear from you that the Lord is speaking to you through the words He has given me to write. I meant to write about this a couple of weeks ago, but simply haven't taken the time to sit in front of the computer and share it. If this is the
first time you have received Kaci's Ramblings, and would like to not receive them, just shoot me an email and I will take you off my list.

The Word says in Job 5: 20-21 "In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword. Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh."

Some of my friends, my sisters feel oppressed, discouraged, alone. You're not alone, I promise you that.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked my sweet boyfriend where we could go to look at the stars and I got a neat picture of God's precious love. Vaughn took me to the lake to a place where he used to hang out with his buddies in school. Knowing him the way I do, I should have expected that it might take a little work to get to his planned destination, but I had no idea. We climbed on top of the roof of the picnic area, it took a little work to get up there. I had to climb on the table and then his shoulders and then on top of the roof. But oh, it was so well worth it.

I come from a small town where the stars are pretty much visible, but not like this…never like this. Shivering, laying on the cold metal roof, the temperature was forgotten as the beauty of God's creation enveloped me. A cloudless, quiet night, it was gorgeous. The sky was clear and crisp, the stars were bright and beautiful. God even graced us with the beauty of a falling star.

When it was time to leave, Vaughn climbed down first and allowed me to step down onto his shoulders and then onto the picnic table. Clumsy me, graceful as usual, didn't plant both my feet on the table and basically stepped right off the edge. Vaughn and I seemed to move in slow motion as he tried to catch me as I fell. His hand behind my head, I hit gently on the ground instead of pounding my skull on the hard concrete beneath his hand.

I can't tell you how many times the Lord has caught me right before I hit the pavement. Psalms 138:7 says "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me." Vaughn was scared for me when he saw me falling and his only thought was to protect me. That's how God sees us. If you are hurting or falling, don't fear. Your Father, who loves you more than anything in this whole world, sees you falling, He sees your hurt and he wants more than anything to protect you from pain.

Will you let him catch you today?

If I can pray for you, please let me know.

In Him,

Kaci

No comments: