Monday, July 24, 2006

Every week at the beginning of the service, our pastor says "Praise the Lord it's Sunday morning!" This morning, one of my preschoolers shouted back,with all fervor, "Praise the Lord, it's Sunday morning!" If only we could all start each day with such zeal.

So, last night, after the kids are asleep, I'm talking to a friend on the telephone. I decided I needed something out of the car and go out to get it.It is about 11 o' clock and very dark. My porch light is broken and there are no streetlights in my neighborhood. I have a small yard, surrounded by a 4 foot chain link fence. I am not afraid of the dark, so running to the car,in my very safe neighborhood, seems like a simple task. As I open the gate, a stranger in the darkness, a huge black lab that probably weighs as much as me, jumps up on me and sets his paws on my shoulders. The person on the other end of the phone hears my shriek of panic and asks what is wrong. As I scramble back to the porch, nearly falling on my face, I try to explain what has happened. The dog obviously meant no harm, but became a temporary roadblock between me and my goal. I am sure if he had intended to hurt me,there would have been no stopping him, as he was seen much too late for me to have run to safety. I had no idea he was even there until he was literally on me.

How many times have we gone out into the darkness of our lives, seeking out the goal set forth for us by the Lord, only to find Satan standing in the darkness, seen much too late, trying to stop us from reaching our goal. Do we let the stranger in the darkness stop of from reaching the Glory that is His? No, Psalms 23:4 tells us "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." When you find yourself in the darkness, remember, Heis with you. Let Psalms 119:105 remind us that "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Let Him guide you through the darkness, lean on Him, trust in Him...and follow through to your goal.

And remember, "Praise the Lord, it's Monday morning!"
God bless you today!
Kaci

No comments: