Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good Wednesday Morning to you, I hope you are filled with blessings!

With yesterday's church newsletter, I sent out the August church calendar. Nothing new, I send out the calendar every month on the fourth week. However getting to work this morning and seeing it on my desk filled me with such sadness. You see, at the beginning of the summer, it seemed like June 18th would never get here, the day I picked up my kids for our summer visit. And since June 18th, it seems the time has flown by. Now, as we make plans for their father to come pick them up, I have tear-filled nights of my children pleading to stay in Texas; followed by sleepless nights of my own pain as I plead with the Father for strength and guidance through this time.

Not too long ago, I asked a friend of mine if he was gonna be there for me when I fall to pieces when they leave and his reply was, "Of course, but you know what I am going to say." I said yes and he says, "Whose babies are those? And will He not protect them and keep them safe? Does He not have a greater plan in mind?" I find reassurance in this in my Bible study this morning. It comes from II Peter 1:5 & 6. I read the verses and then read on to see what Spurgeon had to say in my study, this sentence stood out to me as I prayed, "Give diligent heed to thy courage. Plead with God that he would give thee the face of a lion, that thou mayest, with a consciousness of right, go on boldly."

Wow, God steadily speaks to those of your needs if you let Him. I needed to hear that today. The face of a lion, go on boldly...How Great Thou art!

Will I fall apart when my kids leave? Will I cry for days and sleep in their rooms? Will I call my mom two million times? Probably, but I will make it through, because God has graced my life with some of the best Christian friends a girl could have and I am assured God will use them to help me through. Again, I go to the sixth chapter of Matthew verses 33 & 34, where Jesus tells us "(33) But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." This is the verse I quoted last week, but then He goes on to say in verse 34, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow should take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is evil thereof." He says "Don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough trouble of its own."

My friend says, "Let go and let God." Can you let go today?

A sign in my office says "Good morning, this is God and I will be handling all your problems today. Have a nice day!" Will you give your problems to Him?

It's not always easy but how blessed would we be if we would just "Let go and let God."

Have a blessed day!
Kaci

No comments: