Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kitchen Floor - Done!!

The only thing different between the first and subsequent coats of polyurethane is that you sand with very fine sandpaper in between coats and then wipe down the floor with lacquer thinner to remove all the dust. It wasn't bad, even with the fumes, I did the second coat myself.

And now, after all the work, after all the scraping, sanding, staining, and polyurethane-ing (okay that was cheesy), finally I can move into my kitchen

Yes, the cabinets are getting doors, maybe next week.

It's been a crazy day and moving my dishes into my kitchen was a great way to end it, so now I'm gonna rest, relax and wait for my sweet husband to call from the mountains so I can tell him all about it.

If you have cutback over hardwood and you're wondering whether it's worth saving, hit "Hardwood Floor" under labels at the left and take a peek at the before and after pics in each post. This floor, to me, was totally totally worth it. I love my kitchen and if a clumsy girl like me can make this happen, so can anyone.

Have a wonderful evening and if I can pray for you, please let me know.