Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Here!

Yes, Ember I am here, thank you for your message. Finally, I am done with the antibiotics and should be back to 100% in no time. Well, minus the nuts and seeds and such, but anyway.


I have spent the last few days reading Carrie McDonnall's book Facing Terror. Carrie is coming to speak at our church on February 8th. In her book she tells of the day that she, her husband, and three others were gunned down on a mission trip in Iraq. She was the lone survivor, a newly-wed, a widow. The story, for some friends of mine, is one of sadness. They knew David McDonnall and miss him dearly.

As I read this story of Carrie and David and their love for the Father. I got so much more. Their verse, the verse that God used to confirm their union was Ecclesiates 4:9-12:

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

As a newlywed and full of a deep love for my darling husband, my prayer is that we will continue to love one another the way David and Carrie did. Ever putting God in His proper place, at the head of our life. A THREEFOLD CORD: God, Vaughn and I, as long as we maintain our walk with Him, we cannot be broken. What a beautiful promise.

We don't know what will happen tomorrow. Surely, Carrie had no idea on that March morning that she would be shot tweny-two times that afternoon, or lose the love of her life, but she followed the Father in obedience. She walked in faith, not knowing what was going to happen. She acted in love, in His love for the people there. She gave it all for God. Now, years later, a world away, my heart was touched. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but my heart was truly moved by the sacrifice that day.

I pray that I can be as obedient when the Father chooses to use me. I pray that He will find me listening for His call. I pray that my husband and I will always remeber that the cord MUST be three-fold.

Thank you all for your prayers for me while I was sick. If I can pray for you now, please let me know.

No comments: