Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Good Tuesday to you! Praise be to God for the blessings we have received today!

Every night, my Bethanie and I have our own little ritual. When she gets sleepy, she climbs up into my lap and we talk. We talk about our day, about what God has blessed us with, or she asks me to sing her a song. Last night, she climbed up in my lap and put her head on my chest and began sobbing. When I asked her what was wrong she said, "Mommy, I don't want you to be all alone and miss me when Daddy comes to get us."

I assured her that I would, indeed, miss them when they leave to return to Virgina. That I would be sad to miss her first day of school. But I also assured her that, in no way, will I be alone. We talked the last time they left that no matter whether or not another person is with me I am never alone. She said "Oh, yeah, silly me, God is with you. He is in your heart and my heart." Knowing that we will have this conversation again at least a few times over the next few weeks, I said, "Yes, God is in both our hearts and he will watch over us while we are apart."

I told her that, yes, I would be sad, but that God takes care of us when we are sad, and I read her Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Our talk comforted her, and she laid her head, once again on my chest and went to sleep. I treasure these moments with my children and value every one Just as I believe God treasures the moments when we seek him out as Father and talk with Him.

His word tells us For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8.38-39)

When was the last time you climbed up into the lap of the Father and just talked with Him? He loves you and wants you to be near to Him today.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4.6-7)

God bless you all,
Kaci

No comments: